1. Joe McPhee and Michael Zerang, Creole Gardens: A New Orleans Suite, NoBusiness;
2. Matthew Shipp and Matthew Shipp Trio, Art of the Improviser, Thirsty Ear;
3. Wadada Leo Smith's Organic, Heart's Reflections, Cuneiform;
4. William Parker, Crumbling In The Shadows Is Fraulein Miller's Stale Cake, Centering;
5. Daniel Levin Quartet, Organic Modernism, Clean Feed;
6. Mary Halvorsen and Jessica Pavone, Departure of Reason, Thirsty Ear;
7. Darius Jones Trio, Big Gurl, AUM Fidelity;
8.The Rempis Percussion Quartet, Montreal Parade, 482 Music;
9.Spanish Donkey, XYX, Northern Spy;
10.Klang, Other Doors, Allos Documents.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Top Ten, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Is the Picture Big Enough?
Life poses many choices. I gotta pick something every now and again. Hopefully, the choice I make is the best one for the moment. But, how ...
Viewers must be visually cautious in approaching the art, no matter in what form, of Sol LeWitt as if it were for the first time, without ...
It was Easter Sunday. No family around to celebrate The rising of Christ from the dead. No eggs planted anywhere. My break...
s w i f t s & s l o w s: a quarterly of crisscrossings Line by Line Lyn Horton & Power Boothe None of u...
David Ware's Planetary Unknown is one of my tops.ReplyDelete